Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room's "Get Creative" Challenge


I love challenge blogs because they really offer you a chance to step outside of your comfort zone and try something that you might normally shy away from. I think it's such a great way to exercise your creative muscles!
Normally, I am a patterned  paper maniac. I love to combine patterns and to use them in as many ways as I can in a project. So when I read that this weeks TSTR's challenge was to not use any patterned paper, my first thought was --that's just not possible!


Sometimes it's funny how inspiration strikes you at the strangest times and in the most peculiar ways. My almost 1 year old daughter has this pink shirt covered in hearts of all different colors and patterns that I just love, and every time I put it on her I think that it would make such an awesome piece of patterned paper. Well, when I was recently asked if I would make a get well card for a little girl who happened to break her arm, the daughter of one of the mom's in my mom's club, I knew instantly what I wanted to do.I just think this pattern is so fun and girly, and just happens to be completely hand stamped.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty - love all of those hearts! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! Love that doily! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    TSTR Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the hearts and colors!! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. You have made my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...